Don’t miss out to be a room parent this year!
Click here now through Friday, September 16. There are two slots for each classroom.
There will be a very brief (optional) orientation meeting on Thursday, September 22 at 8:30 am at the Zervas library. If you are unavailable to attend and have never volunteered as a room parent before or have any questions, please email the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room Parents serve as a link between teacher and families by:
- Assisting teachers in communicating with families about upcoming events and recruiting volunteers for field trips, donations and other special activities.
- Organizing a schedule for library volunteers for the class.
- Coordinating holiday and year-end gifts for teachers and classroom aides.
Each grade also has grade parents, listed below, who will coordinate parent and family social events for the grade as well as some of the responsibilities previously assigned to room parents, including auction baskets and refreshments and decorations for Zervas staff during the grade’s assigned Teacher Appreciation Month.
Grade Parents for 2016-17 School Year:
- K: Marie-Laure Frere and Mira Woods
- 1st grade: Wendy Feiner and Becky Mozaffarian
- 2nd grade: Suzanne Chow and Mindy Gomes Casseres
- 3rd grade: Rachel Conroy and Cathy Frawley
- 4the grade: Cara Church and Jessica Savage
- 5th grade: Lisa DePalma