Do you know about the new hands-free cell phone law (link to :https://malegislature.gov/laws/generallaws/parti/titlexiv/chapter90/section13b)? It is a strong step to eliminate distracted driving, especially in and around school zones.
Zervas is running a yard sign design contest as a way for students to use their creativity to help promote safe roads for cyclists and pedestrians in our community. Winning designs, as selected by a panel of Zervas volunteers, will be made into yard signs and posted along Beethoven Ave and Beacon St. All designs will also be submitted to the Massachusetts Safe Routes to School contest as well; the winning designs from the state contest will be made into yard signs for distribution to schools across Massachusetts.
- The contest is open to all Zervas students; only designs from those in grades 2-5 will be submitted to the Massachusetts contest.
- Students may submit an 8 1⁄2 x 11 hand drawn color version of the sign and/or a digital version (email digital version to email@example.com)
- Yard signs must not include any copyrighted photos or slogans, including SRTS or MassDOT logos.
- To apply to the state contest, a parent/guardian must also sign the form acknowledging all the contest guidelines outlined within this document. Print the form here (LINK: https://www.mass.gov/doc/yard-sign-design-contest-signups-and-guidelines-2020/download) and turn it in with the design.
- Firm Zervas deadline is Monday, May 23 so we can mail them to the state. Turn in at the Zervas main office.
Questions? Email Zervaswalks@gmail.com