Our school community includes many amazing volunteers that keep the PTO activities running. Your involvement will enrich you child’s time at Zervas and support the teachers and staff. Below is a list of volunteer run committees and events.
Volunteers Needed Now!!
- Fall Picnic: Help set up, serve pizza or clean up at this evening event on September 14th.
- Class Photo Day: Help cover 1-2 hour shifts assisting photographers in taking classroom photos on Sept. 22nd.
- Halloween Dance: Help set up, run, serve and clean up at this Friday October 28th evening event. (30 parents).
- Classroom cleanup: Once-a-year clean up of classrooms and common areas on Saturday, January 21th. (45 parents).
- NewtonServes: Clean up and mulch Zervas Grounds on Sunday April 29th. (20 parents).
- Color Day: Help set up , run or break down activities on one Tuesday morning in June. (30 parents).
- Spring Picnic: Help set up, serve pizza or clean up at this evening event in June. (15 – 20 parents).
- Kindergarten Soccer: Help run the Soccer Program in Fall and Spring. Needed: Assistance with publicity.
- Destination Dinner: Help coordinate volunteers to host dinner parties for Zervas Parents on Nov. 5th.
- Library Gift Book Sale: Help run this December and June fundraiser to buy books for the school library. (5 parents).
- Auction: Join the solicitation team or help setup, run or clean up at this Saturday, March 3rd event. (30 Parents).
- Spring Fair: Help set up, run and serve or clean up at this Saturday, March afternoon event. (70 Parents).
- Grounds: Maintain school gardens, including the Nature Classroom. (5 parents).
- Health and Safety: Help with enforcement of Blue Zone, and other health & Safety concerns. (10 parents).
- Hospitality: Assist with purchase of coffee & food, set up for Principal’s Coffee, PTO meetings and parent events. (5 parents).
- Library: Assist librarian during class visits on a rotating basis by checking out and re-shelving books. (4 parents per class on average).
- Respect for Human Differences: Help with planning Kaleidoscope Bags, family events, and other projects. (3 parents).
- Room Parents: Help teachers as needed with organizing class activities, parent communication, and Winter auction item. (2 parents per class) SIGN UP ON SEPARATE FORM BY CLASS.
- Social Action: Plan and run activities to help those in need, such as our “Make Change” drive in March. (3 parents).
- Understanding our Differences: Volunteer in classroom for a multi-unit disability awareness program. (10 volunteers needed per unit, 7 units total. Parents welcome to do more than one unit. Time Committment:2 hours per unit per volunteer).
- Eco Team Lead: Help organize eco teams around Newton and in the Zervas Community.
- Fifth Grade Graduation: Lead and assist 5th grade families in planning and fundraising for graduation. Time Commitment: Varies depending on activities chosen. (6 parents).
- Publicity: Assist with coordination and distribution of flyers for various Zervas events.